- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 Tadin Turmeric tea bags
- 3 Tadin Cinnamon tea bags
- 2 ounces Mexican chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- whipped cream (for serving)
- turmeric powder* (optional for serving)
*We recommend you try our Organic Ground Turmeric for this recipe.
- Heat milk to a rapid simmer over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Cut the string from the tea bags and place the tea bags in the simmering milk.
- Reduce to low, cover the pot and let steep for 8 min (stir occasionally so that milk does not boil over).
- Whisk in chocolate, vanilla, sugar, salt (and cayenne pepper if you are adding). Whisk until chocolate has melted and everything is smooth (approx. 3-5 min).
- Pour into cup, top with whipped cream and dust with a pinch of turmeric powder.
Note: For extra sweetness, sprinkle chocolate shavings to the whipped cream and enjoy!