Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or no-stick cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 zest of orange (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 bags Tadin Chamomile Honey Tea
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 lb. pizza dough
Monkey Bread Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a bundt or tube pan generously with 1 tablespoon coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and cook for about three minutes until it’s an amber color and smells nutty. Mix in the orange zest and 1/16 teaspoon salt. Pour the butter mixture over the tea bags in a small bowl and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- Mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and the remaining salt with a fork or your hands.
- Divide the dough into one-ounce pieces to get approximately 40 pieces. Dust them with a little flour if sticky and roll them into balls. Roll the dough balls in the butter mixture and dust them in the sugar mixture. Place them in an even, overlapping pattern one at a time into the bundt pan (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Drizzle the extra butter and pour the extra sugar mixture over the top layer of dough balls in the bundt pan. Place plastic or a beeswax wrap over the top of the pan and let sit in a warm place for one hour to rise.
- Take off the wrap and bake for 45 minutes until puffy and cooked through. Cover with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes of cooking (you may need to cover it sooner to prevent it from getting too brown).
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes and invert the bundt or tube pan onto a plate and serve with the Orange Chamomile Honey Tea Cream Cheese (recipe below).
Orange Chamomile Honey Tea Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 8 oz. package whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Tadin Chamomile Honey Tea, steeped
- Juice of 1/2 orange (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2–3 Tablespoons of honey
- 1/16 tsp. salt
Orange Chamomile Honey Tea Cream Cheese Instructions:
- Steep a cup of Tadin Chamomile Honey Tea. Add one tablespoon of the steeped tea to the whipped cream cheese, orange juice, vanilla, honey, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.