Makes one 9×9 tart
- One 9×9 sheet of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large Honey Crisp apple (or 2 small apples)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk (dairy free option – cashew)
- 5 bags Tadin Organic Ginger Root Tea
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar (alternative: powdered monk fruit sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: beet root powder for red hue and earthy sweetness
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a sheet of puff pastry on top of the parchment paper.
- Cut the apple in half through the stem. Remove the stem and core the apple to remove seeds. Slice apples into ¼ – ⅛ inch slices. Place 3 rows of overlapping apple slices on the puffy pastry almost to the edge. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, then rotate and bake for another 15 minutes until the edges are golden and the pastry has puffed.
- While the tart bakes, cut the tags from 5 Tadin Organic Ginger Root tea bags. In a small pot over medium-low heat, heat milk until the edges just begin to bubble. Stir in the 5 tea bags, reduce heat to low, and let the tea steep for 5 minutes while continuously stirring so that milk does not burn. After 5 minutes, remove from heat and let steep for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and gently squeeze each one to extract all of its flavor (being careful not to break the bag). Let the ginger tea-infused milk cool to room temperature (placing in the fridge if needed to speed up the process). Once cool, mix 2 teaspoons of the ginger milk with the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Optional: sprinkle in beet powder (add more ginger milk if the glaze is too thick to drizzle). Drizzle ginger glaze over apple tart.
Note: Serve warm with a cup of Organic Ginger Root tea and enjoy!