Makes 4 small slushies
- 2½ cups of frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup of cold water
- 1 cup of ice
- 8 Tadin Pineapple Tea Blend tea bags
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Mint for garnish
- Heat ½ cup of water to just under a boil. Add 8 Tadin Pineapple Tea Blend tea bags and let steep for 3 minutes.
- While the tea steeps, zest the ½ of the lime and add 1 cup of ice to any lidded jar or cocktail shaker.
- Pour the hot tea over the ice, seal the lid airtight and shake for 60 seconds (until the tea is ice cold).
- Remove the ice and add the ice cold tea, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of lime zest and frozen pineapple to a blender. Blend until combined but still frozen (consistency of a slushy or sorbet).
- Immediately spoon into 4 small glasses and top with the remaining lime zest and garnish with mint. Serve with a spoon and a straw.
Note: Serve it in a pineapple cut in half. Hull out each pineapple half (freeze the interior for the recipe or enjoy it for another time) and serve the slushy in each pineapple half.