Strawberry Chamomile Tea Paloma Ingredients:
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 Tbsp. chamomile tea syrup (see recipe below), plus more for sweetness
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 shot tequila (optional)
- Seltzer or club soda to top it off
- 2 sliced large strawberries, garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Chilín Con Limón, garnish (for the glass rim)
Strawberry Chamomile Tea Paloma Instructions:
- Pour the Chilín Con Limón onto a small plate and spread it out. Dip your finger into a little of the chamomile syrup and place it around the rim of a large glass (make sure to get both the outside and inside).
- Dip the rim of the glass upside down into the Chilín Con Limón and twist it a bit so it’s coated. Save the extra Chilín Con Limón for cooking.
- Add the ice, chamomile syrup, grapefruit juice, and tequila to a glass and stir.
- Top drink with the seltzer.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
Chamomile Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 water
- 2 Tadin Chamomile Tea bags
- 1 Tadin Hibiscus Tea bag
- 2 large strawberries, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
Chamomile Syrup Instructions:
- Heat the sugar and water in a small sauce pan on medium-high heat until small bubbles appear (about three minutes).
- Add the tea bags and strawberry slices to a heatproof jar, pour the syrup over the tea bags, and steep for about 10 minutes. Pull out the tea bags and let cool to room temperature.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to seven days.
Chef Carla’s Bonus Tip: Use the extra syrup to drizzle over pancakes or ice cream.