Makes 6 small drinks
- 3 ripe Bartlett pears, halved with core and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon Tadin Organic Ground Cinnamon plus one pinch
- ½ cup water
- 6 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger Tea Bags
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1 pinch Tadin Ground Turmeric
- 14-16 ounces unsweetened sparkling ginger water or unsweetened/lightly sweetened ginger beer (usually 8g of sugar or less per 12 ounces)*
- garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme or rosemary
- Note: do not use ginger ale or ginger beer (with 8g+ sugar) as the honey-roasted pears provide the sweetness
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place pear halves cut-side up on the sheet. Mix ⅛ teaspoon of the cinnamon with the honey and drizzle over the pears. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the pears bake, heat ½ cup water to a boil. Place 6 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags in a small mug, pour in the boiling water, cover and steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags (gently squeezing on the bags to remove as much tea as possible) and let tea cool to room temperature.
- When the pears have finished baking, let them cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add them along with the brewed Organic Turmeric Ginger Tea, vanilla and pinch of cinnamon/turmeric/clove/nutmeg to a blender. Blend on high for at least 60 seconds until completely smooth and pureed. Pour into a pitcher, cover, and chill in the fridge until completely cold.
- Once chilled and when ready to serve, pour in the unsweetened sparkling ginger water or lightly sweetened ginger beer and stir well. Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh thyme or rosemary.