I love “Té de Manzanilla”! I can’t deny it! So this recipe for Chamomile Iced Tea is one of my favorites, adding a little honey to the mixed berries in the ice cubes is the perfect pairing to chamomile making it a refreshing and delicious thirst quencher! Make it and share it with your “familia” at your next party!
- 8 Tadin Chamomile Tea Bags, divided
- 8 Cups water , divided
- ¼ honey or preferred sweetener
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (optional frozen)
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in 4 or 6 pieces (optional frozen)
- 1 few sprigs of mint (optional)
- Tea Kettle or pot
- Heatproof 4 cup measuring cup or medium bowl
- 2 (preferably silicone) ice cube trays
- 8 to 10 cup pitcher
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- Small knife
Prepare the mixed Berry Ice Cubes
You can make the ice cubes the night before, since you need at least 4 hour for them to freeze.
- Put 4 cups of fresh water to boil. Place 4 Tadin Chamomile Tea Bags in the heatproof measuring cup, add the boiling water and let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes. Covering it with a lid or a plate helps the tea keep its aroma. While the tea is still hot add the honey, and stir until it completely dissolves. I prefer to leave the tea bags for a longer time to get a stronger flavor. When it cools to the touch, refrigerate until ready to make the mixed berry ice cubes.
- Have your berries washed and hulled, if using frozen, allow them to thaw at room temperature so they loosen up, divide them in your empty ice cube trays. Fill the ice cube tray with the cool sweetened Chamomile Tea. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
Prepare the rest of the tea
- Boil the remaining 4 cups of fresh water. Place 4 Tadin Chamomile Tea Bags in the heatproof measuring cup, add the boiling water and let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes or longer. Chill until ready to assemble.
- To serve, place mixed berry ice cubes in a large pitcher, add remaining completely cool chamomile tea. Add a few sprigs of mint. You can dilute the tea with more water or seltzer!
Serve and enjoy!
It will keep well refrigerated for up to 48 hours.
Keep Cooking. Be Happy 💚
Recipe created by Chef Gaby Melian