- 2 cups red lentils
- ¼ teaspoon Tadin Organic Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Tadin Organic Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tadin Organic Ginger Powder
- ½ teaspoon Tadin Organic Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Tadin Organic Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Tadin Organic Whole Coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups water
- 1 15oz can full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- Rinse lentils until the water runs somewhat clear. Drain out the water. Add the lentils to a medium pot. Grind the whole coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, and add to the pot.
- Stir in the garlic powder, black pepper, ginger powder, turmeric powder, onion powder, salt and water. Shake the can of coconut milk (as the cream rises to the top), and pour into the pot. Gently stir to combine.
- Cover the pot, and heat on the stove over medium high until it begins to boil. Once boiling, remove the lid, reduce the temperature to medium/medium-low and gently boil for 10-15 min, or until the lentils absorb most of the liquid. Turn off the heat, cover and let the lentils sit for 5 min to continue absorbing the liquid without becoming mushy.
- Taste and season to preference with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh cilantro or dill.