Lemongrass has a mild citrus flavor with notes of ginger, mint, and sweet florals. The lemongrass honey in this cooler brings a fresh, sweet, and slightly spicy flavor to the drink. Drizzle the extra honey on top of your morning toast, fresh fruit, or pancakes. Feel free to skip the tequila if you are avoiding alcohol and drink responsibly. Recipe below created by the talented @chefcarla_c
Lemongrass Honey Ingredients:
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tea bags of Tadin Organic Lemongrass, opened
- ⅙ teaspoon of salt
Lemongrass Honey Instructions:
- Heat the sugar, water, and salt in a small sauce pan on medium-high heat until small bubbles appear (about 3 minutes).
- Add the 2 tea bags of Tadin Organic Lemongrass to a heat proof jar, pour the syrup over the tea bags, cover and steep for about 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Honey Lemongrass Cooler Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of lemongrass honey (adding more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces of seltzer or club soda
- Lime slices, garnish
Honey Lemongrass Cooler Instructions:
- In a glass, stir in lemongrass honey, lime juice, and seltzer. Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices.
Note: To make this cooler into a cocktail, add 1 shot of tequila. Please enjoy responsibly.