Peppermint Ginger Honey Tea Concentrate (the base for the latte):
Ingredients for latte:
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk (if non-dairy, use unsweetened)
- ½ cup Peppermint Ginger Honey Tea Concentrate
Part 1 – making the concentrate (this will serve as the base for the latte and can be stored in the fridge for up to one week so that you can make lattes from it throughout the week)
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. While the water warms, cut the tags off the Tadin Ginger Tea Blend and Peppermint Tea bags. When the water begins to boil, turn off the heat, stir in the tea bags, cover the pot and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags while gently pressing on the bags to extract additional flavor.
- Over high heat, bring the tea back to a boil. Lower the heat and stir in the honey until completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature. You can store the honey tea concentrate in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Part 2 – making the latte
- To make the tea latte, heat ½ cup of the Peppermint Ginger Honey Tea Concentrate until hot and pour into a large mug. Heat milk in a small pot on low until it begins to simmer (not boil), turn off the heat, and stir in vanilla and salt. Froth the milk – use a handheld electric frothier, a blender, or add milk to a French Press and pump it to froth the milk.
- Pour frothed milk into the mug of concentrate and stir to combine. For a stronger tea flavor, stir in more concentrate.