Makes 6 Pears
- 6 bags Tadin Chamomile Honey Tea
- 4 cups of boiling water
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 large Bosc pears, peeled, cored and halved
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- red walnuts, chopped to garnish
- Place Tadin Chamomile Honey Tea bags in a large heat-proof container. Add boiling water, cover and set aside to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour tea mixture into a large saucepan and add ginger. Heat over medium-high heat. Carefully add pears, cut side down and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the pears are tender. Remove ginger. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer pears to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Pour syrup over pears. Serve with vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with walnuts.