Makes one cup of concentrate – enough for 5 individual servings
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tadin Organic DandyDetox tea bags
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar*
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons honey (Manuka preferred)
* Apple Cider Vinegar is well known for its health benefits. For some, the flavor of vinegar is not appealing. Listen to your body! If you are not a vinegar fan, you may leave it out of the recipe.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Place 4 Tadin Organic DandyDetox tea bags in a heatproof measuring cup. Pour in boiling water, cover, and steep for 5 minutes. While tea steeps, add lemon juice, cayenne pepper, grated ginger, and apple cider vinegar to a small pot.
- Once the tea has finished steeping, pour it into a small pot and stir to mix. Turn heat on to medium-high. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, strain the tea tonic and stir in honey. Cool to room temp and then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- When ready to use, bring one cup of water to a boil. Place 2 Dandy Detox tea bags in a mug, pour in boiling water, cover and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, stir in 3 tablespoons of the concentrate, sip and enjoy!
Note: This tonic concentrate can be made with any Tadin tea flavor!