Makes 6 small drinks
- 3 ripe Bartlett pears, halved with core and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8th teaspoon ground Tadin cinnamon plus one pinch (recommend tadin)
- ½ cup water
- 6 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger Tea Bags
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1 pinch ground Tadin turmeric
- 14-16 oz unsweetened sparkling ginger water or unsweetened/lightly sweetened ginger beer (8g sugar or less per 12oz)*
- garnish – sprig of fresh thyme or rosemary
- *note: do not use ginger ale or ginger beer (with 8g+ sugar) as the honey roasted pears provide the sweetness
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place pear halves cut side up on the sheet. Mix 1/8th teaspoon of the cinnamon with the honey and drizzle over the pears. Bake for 30 min.
- While the pears bake, heat ½ cup water to a boil. Place 6 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags in a small mug, pour in the boiling water, cover and steep for 10 min. Remove the tea bags (gently squeezing on the bags to remove as much tea as possible) and let tea cool to room temperature.
- When the pears have finished baking, let them cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add them along with the brewed Organic Turmeric Ginger Tea, vanilla and pinch of cinnamon/turmeric/clove/nutmeg to a blender. Blend on high for at least 60 sec until completely smooth and pureed. Pour into a pitcher, cover, and chill in the fridge until completely cold.
- Once chilled and when ready to serve, pour in the unsweetened sparkling ginger water or lightly sweetened ginger beer and stir well. Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh thyme or rosemary.