makes one 9×9 tart
- One 9×9 sheet of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large honey crisp apple (or 2 small apples)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk (dairy free option – cashew)
- 5 bags Tadin Organic Ginger Root Tea
- 1/3rd cup powdered sugar (alternative: powdered monk fruit sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional – beet root powder for red hue and earthy sweetness
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sheet of puff pastry on baking sheet.
- Cut apple in half through the stem. Remove stem and core the apple to remove seeds. Slice apples into ¼ – 1/8th inch slices. Place 3 rows of overlapping apple slices on the puffy pastry almost to the edge. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 min until edges are golden and pastry has puffed. Rotate pan once halfway through baking.
- While the tart bakes, cut tags from 5 Tadin Organic Ginger Root tea bags. In a very small pot over medium low heat, heat milk until the edges just begin to bubble. Stir in the 5 tea bags, reduce heat to low, and let steep for 5 min while continuously stirring so that milk does not burn. After 5 min, remove from heat and let steep for 5 more min. Remove tea bags and gently squeeze each one for added flavor (being careful not to break the bag). Let ginger tea infused milk cool to room temp. Once cool, mix 2 tsp of the ginger milk with vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Optional – sprinkle in beet powder (add more ginger milk if the glaze is too thick to drizzle). Drizzle ginger glaze over apple tart.
Note: Serve warm with a cup of Organic Ginger Root tea and enjoy!