Head into the weekend with this fall treat, Sweet Potato Pastel with Tadin Organic Green Tea Glaze. It’s the perfect way to use up leftover roasted or boiled sweet potatoes and it can also be made with pumpkin puree. The Greek yogurt sure adds a healthy spin on cream cheese frosting. Recipe by the talented @chefcarla_c below!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Cake:
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 large of eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sweet potatoes, mashed and cooled
- 2 tablespoons of raw peptias, garnish
Instructions for Sweet Potato Cake:
- Mix the coconut sugar, Greek yogurt, olive oil, egg, and vanilla in a stand mixer or by hand until combined, about one minute.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, flour, and sweet potatoes until lightly combined, about 30 seconds.
- In a parchment-lined eight-inch-by-eight-inch pan, add the batter. Make sure it’s even. You can also grease a pan with 1 tablespoons olive oil or spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Cool the cake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Green Tea Glaze:
- 1 tea bag of Tadin Organic Green Tea
- 1 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1/16 teaspoon of sea salt
Instructions for Green Tea Glaze:
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the finished glaze over the cooled sweet potato cake and sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of raw peptias for garnish. Serve with a nice cup of Tadin Organic Green Tea (or tea of your choice) and enjoy!