This is your new go to summer lemonade! Tadin Seven Blossoms Tea has lemon balm and valerian root, both known for their relaxing properties. Add fresh mint leaves to enhance the peppermint and spearmint that are also in the tea. Gently rub the mint leaves between your fingers to bruise them or vigorously stir to release the oils. Note: add as little or as much lemon juice as you like, adding more will make it more tart.
The watermelon juice can be store bought or homemade, see the notes below the recipe on how to make your own. Recipe created by the talented @chefcarla_c
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tea bags of Tadin Seven Blossoms
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of watermelon juice*
- ¼-½ cup of lemon juice, 2-3 large lemons
- 1 cup of ice
- 10 fresh mint leaves, garnish
- seedless diced watermelon, garnish lemon slices, garnish
- In a teacup or heat proof jar, pour the boiling water over 2 tea bags of Tadin Seven Blossoms, cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Once tea is ready, remove the tea bags, add and stir in honey. Let it cool to room temperature or place in the fridge.
- Add the watermelon juice, lemon juice, ice, and brewed tea to a large jar or pitcher. Stir in the mint leaves and garnish with the diced watermelon and lemon slices. Enjoy!
*Note: make your own watermelon juice by adding 1 cup of diced seedless watermelon to a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until liquid. It should make about 1 cup of juice.