Grilled peaches are an easy summer dessert. The green tea mango syrup has a fruity and herbal flavor. The syrup can also be used year-round on fresh or cooked fruit like apples, apricots, berries, pears, or watermelon.
Use the extra syrup stirred into cocktails, to flavor seltzer water, or on top of pancakes. Looking for a savory pairing for the peaches and syrup? It’s delicious served alongside pork tenderloin or turkey. Recipe below created by the talented @chefcarla_c
Green Tea Mango Syrup Ingredients:
- ¼ cup of cane sugar
- ¼ of water
- ⅙ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tea bags of Tadin Green Tea Mango
Green Tea Mango Syrup Instructions:
- Heat the sugar, water, and salt in a small sauce pan on medium-high heat, until small bubbles appear (about three minutes).
- Add the 2 tea bags of Tadin Green Tea Mango to a heat proof jar, pour the syrup over the tea bags, cover and steep for about 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to seven days.
Ingredients for Grilled Peaches:
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced in half, pits removed*
- 1 teaspoon of avocado or preferred oil (spray also works)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, divided
Instructions for Grilled Peaches:
- Heat grill or stovetop grill on medium-high heat.
- Brush the cut side of the peaches with avocado or coconut oil and grill them over medium heat until the cut side has grill marks (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve the grilled peaches with a dollop of Greek yogurt or ice cream, chopped pistachios and a drizzle of Green Tea Mango syrup.