*makes one cup
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tadin Dandy Detox Tea Bag (4 for concentrate, 2 for sipping)
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar*
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tsp honey (Manuka preferred)
* Apple Cider Vinegar is well known for its health benefits. For some, the flavor of vinegar is not appealing. Listen to your body! If you are not a vinegar fan, you may leave it out of the recipe.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Place 4 Tadin Dandy Detox tea bags in a heatproof measuring cup. Pour in boiling water, cover, and steep for 5 min. While tea steeps, add lemon juice, cayenne pepper, grated ginger, and apple cider vinegar to small pot.
- Once tea has finished steeping, pour it into small pot and stir to mix. Turn heat on medium high. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 10 min. After 10 min, strain tea tonic back into measuring cup, and stir in honey. Cool to room temp and then refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- When ready to use, bring one cup of water to a boil. Place 2 Dandy Detox tea bags in a mug, pour in boiling water, cover and steep for 5 min. Remove tea bags, stir in 3 tablespoons of the concentrate, sip and enjoy!
Note: This tonic concentrate can be made with any Tadin tea flavor!