- 2 cups water
- 4 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags
- 1 ¾ cups long-grain white rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Tadin ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- fresh herbs
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 4 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags to large mug, pour boiling water, cover and steep for 5 min. While tea steeps, place rice in a fine mesh strainer and wash it for several minutes until water runs mostly clear.
- Add rice to medium saucepan. Once tea has finished steeping, remove bags and pour brewed tea into pot. Stir in ground turmeric and salt. Bring to a boil, and stir for 2 min. Cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 10 min (brew yourself a cup of tea while you wait).
- Turn off heat (but don’t remove it from the stove), and let rice sit for 10 min. Afterwards, add coconut oil, and fluff with a fork to mix it in. Cover the pot, and let it sit for a final 10 min. Fluff the rice a final time, taste for salt, spoon into a serving bowl and top with your favorite fresh herbs. Serve while warm.
Note: Try topping your rice with cilantro, basil, or chives!