- 2 cups water
- 4 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags
- 1¾ cups long-grain white rice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of Tadin Ground Turmeric
- 1½ tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
- fresh herbs
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 4 Tadin Organic Turmeric Ginger tea bags to a large mug, pour boiling water, cover and steep for 5 minutes. While the tea steeps, place rice in a fine mesh strainer and wash it for several minutes until the water runs mostly clear.
- Add rice to a medium saucepan. Once the tea has finished steeping, remove tea bags and pour the brewed tea into the pot. Stir in Tadin Ground Turmeric and salt. Bring to a boil, and stir for 2 minutes. Cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes (you can brew yourself a cup of tea while you wait!).
- Turn off the heat (but don’t remove it from the stove), and let the rice sit for 10 minutes. Afterwards, add coconut oil, and fluff with a fork to mix it in. Cover the pot, and let it sit for a final 10 min. Fluff the rice a final time, taste for salt, spoon into a serving bowl and top with your favorite fresh herbs. Serve while warm.
Note: Try topping your rice with cilantro, basil, or chives!