(makes 4 small buns)
Ingredients for Buns:
- 1 can (8oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough
3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons apple cider
- 4 Tadin Canelita Cinnamon Tea Bags
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll crescent dough into a ball. Flour a surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into rectangle.
- Cut rectangle into 4 mini rectangles.
- Spread softened butter evenly over each of the 4 dough rectangles.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon over each dough rectangle.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the edges firmly to seal.
- Place buns on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the buns bake, heat the apple cider in a small saucepan over low heat until simmering rapidly.
- Add 4 cinnamon tea bags to a small mug and pour in the hot apple cider. Let steep for 7 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon infused cider, heavy cream and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- When the buns are done, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before adding the glaze. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.