This is an unconventional way to infuse tea, but it works! Simply pour the hot chocolate mixture over the tea bags into a mug and use a milk frother to add foam to the hot chocolate mixture. If you don’t have one, a blender will also work, but be mindful of the hot milk and be careful not to burn yourself. Note: Cacao powder has a richer flavor than cocoa powder, but either will work in this recipe. Add as little or as much sweetness with the maple syrup as you like. Recipe below by the talented @chefcarla_c
- 2 cups of preferred milk
- 1/4 cup of cacao or cocoa powder
- 1–3 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tadin Peppermint Tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- 1 small piece of dark chocolate, shaved (for garnish)
- Whisk the milk, cacao, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt together in a small saucepan. Heat until warm for two to three minutes.
- Froth mixture until foamy and pour over the tea bags in the mug. Let steep for five minutes and serve with a cinnamon stick and shaved chocolate.