Makes 2-3 servings
- 2½ heaping tablespoons blanched almonds
- 3½ cups milk
- 6 Tadin Chamomile Vanilla Tea Bags
- ¾ teaspoon Tadin Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- Place the Chamomile Vanilla tea bags (with tags removed) in a medium pot. Cover with milk and heat over medium-low heat until the edges of milk begin to simmer. Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 8 minutes.
- While the tea steeps, add almonds to a small food processor and process into a dry paste.
- When the tea has finished steeping, remove the tea bags (gently squeeze each one to release extra flavor, being careful not to break the bag). Place the pot over medium heat and bring it back to a simmer. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon until fully dissolved and incorporated. Turn off heat, take the pot off heat and let the milk cool to room temperature (you can cool it in the fridge to speed the process).
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond paste with egg yolks until thick, pale and creamy. Whisking constantly, slowly add the cooled milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (and scraping the bottom and side of the pot) for 10 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Serve warm and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Optional: stir in rum.