Makes 2-3 servings
- 2.5 heaping tablespoons blanched almonds
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 6 Tadin Chamomile Vanilla Tea Bags
- 3/4 teaspoon Tadin ground cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- Place the Chamomile Vanilla tea bags (with tags removed) in a medium pot. Cover with milk and heat over med low heat until the edges of milk begin to simmer. Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 8 min.
- While tea steeps, add almonds to a small food processor and process into a dry paste.
- When tea has finished steeping, remove tea bags (gently squeeze each one to release extra flavor being careful not to break the bag). Place pot over medium and bring it back to a simmer. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon until fully dissolved and incorporated. Turn off heat, take pot off heat and let milk cool until room temp.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond paste with egg yolks until thick, pale and creamy. Whisking constantly, slowly add cooled milk mixture to egg yolk mixture.
- Pour mixture back into the pot and cook over low heat, stirring constantly (and scraping the bottom and side of the pot) for 10 min until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Serve warm and sprinkle with cinnamon. Optional: stir in rum.