- 12 Tadin Chamomile Anise tea bags
- 2¼ cups water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 semi-ripe plums
- To keep plums intact while poaching, use a small paring knife to gently score the fruit all the way around (just piercing the plum skin). Place plums aside.
- Cut the tags from Chamomile Anise tea bags, place in medium pot (off the heat). Heat water to a boil, pour into pot, cover and steep tea for 8 min. Using a slotted spoon, remove tea bags from pot (gently pressing on each one to extract as much flavor without breaking the bag).
- Turn heat to high and bring brewed tea to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir in honey and vanilla extract. Using slotted spoon, gently lower each plum into simmering tea. Simmer for 15 min (until plums are just fork tender – which depends on the ripeness of your plums).
- Remove pot from heat and let plums cool to room temp in the tea (approx. two hours). Once cooled, use slotted spoon to remove each plum. Carefully cut each plum in half, remove pits and serve in shallow dishes with vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt (drizzle poaching liquid on top for extra flavor). If not serving immediately, store plums in poaching liquid in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Note: Use remaining poaching liquid to add subtle sweetness to iced tea.