Makes enough for 3-4 cones
Ingredients for Hibiscus Watermelon Flavor:
- 6 Tadin Hibiscus Tea Bags
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp water
- ¾ cup fresh chopped watermelon
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar (alternative: 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp honey)
- Heat ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. water to a boil. Add Tadin Hibiscus tea bags to a small mug, pour in the hot water, cover and steep for 5 min. While tea steeps, blend fruit until completed pureed.
- Once tea is ready, pour into a small pot. Stir in sugar, lime juice, and fruit puree.
- Cook over medium heat (while continuously stirring), until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove mixture from heat and let sit to room temp.
- Once cooled, pour mixture through a strainer and use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Ingredients for Pineapple Flavor:
- 6 Pineapple Tea Blend Tea Bags
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (alternative: 3/4 tsp honey)
- Heat ½ cup water to a just under a boil. Add Tadin Pineapple Tea Blend Bags to a small mug, pour in the hot water, cover and steep for 3 minutes. While the tea steeps, blend the fruit until completed pureed.
- Once the tea has finished steeping, pour it into a small pot. Stir in the sugar, lime juice and fruit puree.
- Cook over medium heat (while continuously stirring), until the mixture comes to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and use right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Add ice to a powerful blend. Blend on low until the texture is shaved, fluffy ice.
- Quickly spoon the shaved ice into small bowls and spoon the Hibiscus and Pineapple flavors onto ice until well coated.
- Enjoy immediately!