Makes 8 servings
Ingredients for Scones:
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup of crystallized ginger, chopped in small pieces
- ⅔ cup of buttermilk plus more for brushing on top
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of brewed Tadin Ginger Tea Blend, room temperature
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and cut with a fork. Add crystallized ginger. Mixture should be coarse.
- Whisk together buttermilk, and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir slowly with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Flour a work surface, scrape dough onto the work surface and knead dough into a ball. Pat out a 6-inch disk, cut into 8 wedges and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Chill in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While scones chill, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Brush tops of scones with buttermilk. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- While scones bake, combine powdered sugar and tea in a small bowl, whisk until glaze is smooth.
- Cool scones on a baking tray, drizzle with glaze. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy with a cup of Tadin Ginger Tea Blend.